Using the waste to create a card with Spellbinder dies

On Saturday I shared my fortunate news about becoming a Spellblogger and also hinted that whilst making this card (HERE) a sudden 'eureka' moment materialised and I simply just had to give me idea a whirl.


For my previous card I began by cutting loads of the 'With Love' sentiments and when I looked over to the piece of card I was using, suddenly realised I could use the waste to create a background.


I began layering the different pieces together - so that the words became legible - on to a piece of backing paper.


Gradually I covered the paper with the waste but now if you look at the photo, you'd never guess that these bits were originally destined for the bin!


I cut a further 'With Love' from a piece of card (which I had measured to fit my design) and placed this on to a complimentary piece of backing paper. Photo is to show where the strip will go but not just yet ...


Using the heart (from the 'Swallow & Heart' die collection), I cut and embossed the design on to another scrap of paper. I wanted to create a layer for the heart, so I drew around the die itself and cut it out by hand.


To give the rounded edge that we all get from our dies, I put my backing layer and die through the Platinum and now it gave a fabulous look when the two pieces were glued together.


Back to the strip ... I punched a hole in one end and added the heart , placing both now on to my card. I decorated the heart with a banner and flowers (from Swallow & Heart set) and die cut the swallow placing the bird above the heart. Some small heart sequins were also added as a finishing touch.
 

 As a finishing touch, I added some more flowers (smaller ones) on the ends of the sentiment ... which is also a great way to cover any 'wonky' lining up 😏

 

I'm really quite pleased how this turned out and the design has so many possibilities, in a range of different colours.

Now what can you do with your die cut waste? Please let me know as I would love to see your ideas.

Lou
x x x

Products and links:




Challenges:
Create and Makes - anything goes with twist of yellow
Through the craftroom door - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes

#spellbinders   #spellbloggers   #neverstopmaking

Comments